Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lynsey's Post

Buenos dias everyone. This is Lynsey Lyons and I just finished a wonderful dinner with the Evans family and Dennis at Power Chicken.

Today’s distribution was especially exciting for me. I got the pleasure of being on the “Extreme Team” with Wilmer as our translator! He is such an awesome guy. He can always put a smile on my face. Anyways, we went to one of the poorest areas of Rivera Hernandez and the road to the location was crazy bumpy (like I almost became sick because the road was so rough). And goodness, Bruce had to sit in the bed of the truck the whole time with 2 other pastors. Once we arrived at the church, we grabbed food bags and headed up this massive hill to visit a family of 6. While the others prayed and talked with the mother of the family, I kept locking eyes with the daughter-in-law and I could feel the tension and frustration with her just by looking at her. So I prayed with this girl just hoping for something, anything really. And once I started praying for her she just started weeping. It broke my heart. I continued to pray for her and I truly believe that she was somehow changed. Something stirred in her heart and it was all she needed. That was an awesome experience for me.

The day finished with at least 82 people accepting God into their lives. And that was just with our group!! How amazingly awesome is that! Wow. That’s been like the word of the week here people, wow.

Well anyways, this is just a small itty bitty tiny portion of what has been happening here in Honduras. It’s truly amazing and I am sooo excited to be here. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment