Monday, August 17, 2009

Kimber & Natalie: First Impressions

Hey Guys! It’s Kimber and Natalie! We are having an AMAZING time here in Rivera Hernandez, Honduras. This is my (Natalie) first time out of the country, and all I keep saying to myself is “I am not in America, this is crazy!” Kimber on the other hand has been on four trips but says it still feels like her first. She keeps saying to me, “Natalie we are definitely not in Texas. There are mountains here!” Speaking of mountains…

My group (Kimber) just happened to be the “Extreme Team.” We literally traveled in the back of a pick-up truck up a mountain. Talk about an adrenaline rush! Because of the incline, we all got out and trekked up the rest of the way. The first house we came across consisted of a family of six. We handed the mother two bags of food (thinking that would be sufficient) and briefly explained to her that even though these bags would only last and provide her for a week or so that God would provide for her forever. Then, (get this!) she said that it was absolutely crazy that God sent us all the way from the USA to bring her food today because she had no idea where her family's next meal would come from! Praise the Lord! That is so cool!

The people here are absolutely beautiful, not only physically, but spiritually as well. I (Natalie) realized this the moment I stepped off the bus at my distribution site. Tears filled my eyes as I told Machelle, “I hope they don’t think I’m upset because I’m crying, but I’m so overcome with compassion for these people.” Skoshi and the team gathered everyone together to hand out food and share a short message. After Skoshi shared a salvation message, 20 people accepted Christ!! Oh! And I witnessed my first miracle today: two partially blind women were healed!

As we got back to the hotel, reports kept coming in about things that happened in the third group. One of our favorites was a 77-year old man, accepting the Lord. I guess that goes to show that whether you accept Christ when you’re 4 or the day before you die, its all the same to Jesus! On a side note today was not even supposed to happen. As many of you know LOLI trips usually fly out at 6am on Mondays (which would’ve been today) but God had a greater plan for us to fly out on Sunday. Also, the first day that we're here, we usually put together food bags all day for distribution that week. However, because two ladies at the home church here felt led to serve us, they put together 500 bags on their own, allowing us to distribute 200 of them today! How crazy is it to think that God orchestrated all this to happen so that there would be over 30 salvations today! He’s mind boggling!! :)

Keep us in your prayers! We are getting up at 6am tomorrow… we need energy! Haha :)

Dios le Bendiga! (God Bless!)

-Kimber and Natalie

P.S. The picture is of Pastor Vic and Kimber ministering to a woman we met today. She was about five months pregnant and her husband was murdered 3 months ago. Lord, draw near to her!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimber and Natalie!!! It sounds like you are both exactly where you are suposed to be. All of the stories bring tears to my eyes, but the one of the pregnant woman makes my heart ache. God is so faithful to see us through the most painful times in our lives and I know that He will hide her and her child between His shoulders. Think of the plan that the Lord has for that sweet child! I miss you guys. Sloane was just saying yesterday that she loves you, Natalie, and doesn't see you enough!! Oh, and Sloane lost her second tooth yesterday! Tell Mom and Dad for me!(I love you)

    To the group:
    Blessings to all of you! Keep telling us the stories of what the Lord is doing...they are treasured. Peace and health and dry weather be yours! Habakkuk 3:19 (Amplified Bible)
    19The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!
    ~Stand and through Jesus, make spiritual progress in the high palces of trouble, suffering, and responsibility in Honduras!
    Love, Sarah Williams

    P.S. Hi Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Travelers,

    "He who waters will himself be watered" Thank you for giving of your time & finances to be ready and available to give a word of encouragement to these precious people. God will see to it that you receive that special touch of His love and strength right when you need it most.

    Responsiblity allows you to carry out the necessary tasks; but loves for people, enables you to do this for them - for the sheer joy of service. Thank you again for being the servants sent to this area (at this appointed time) to carry the flints that will light the torches in these beautiful people's lives.

    You remain in our prayers,
    Eva Martin

    ReplyDelete